Kip Wilson Rechea: Reader Appreciation!
From: Kip Wilson Rechea
September 26, 2012 at 07:06AM
Woot! I’m thrilled that my new writing buddy Kristina Perez passed the Reader Appreciation Award to me for my blog!
Kristina and I met during WriteOnCon, a fabulous (and free!) online conference for writers, and she’s already given me great feedback on my ms and shared the beginning of one of her intriguing mss with me. Maybe even cooler, I loved the fact that she’s jumped out of a plane! (one of the Things on her Seven Things About Me list)
On that note, Seven Not-Previously-Shared Things About Kip:
- I haven’t jumped out of a plane, but I took flying lessons for a while. My favorite skill was the touch-and-go, where you come in for a landing and then take off again right away. So fun!
- I’ve also driven a tank, flown in a helicopter, and fired some interesting weapons. ***
- My parents didn’t allow me to have Barbie dolls. Instead, I had the “Sunshine Family,” complete with hippie van.
- My idea of a fun night is to make a meal from a book, like the pommes à l’huile with fresh bread and a tall, cold beer from Hemingway’s A Moveable Feast, and read the scene out loud to unsuspecting diners.
- I would feel very uncomfortable living anywhere that required a car. I have a car, but I like to be able to get around without it.
- I didn’t learn to swim or speak Spanish until I was a grown-up, but I do both quite well now.
- ***I was in the Army! For reals. It feels like another life, though.
As outlined in the rules for this blog award, I’m now passing it on to 5 other writers whose blogs I adore.
The full Rules of the Game (for those I’ve nominated):
1. Identify and show appreciation to the blogger who nominated you.
2. You must add the reward logo to your blog.
3. Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
4. You must nominate 5-10 of your favourite bloggers for this award.
5. Inform you nominees that you nominated them.
It’s a cinch, right?